A real gentleman is defined as being self aware, mature, and courteous. The lousy saying "chivalry is dead" is so common now that it's become a cliché. But, thanks to this article it doesn't have to be dead. Chivalry will be resurrected. Here, we have come up with a list of what we believe are the 10 things that transforms a man into a gentleman.
1. Groom Accordingly
- Make sure your hair is routinely combed and that you make it a point to shave, your facial hair or that you maintain a well groomed beard.
- Manscape properly.
2. Maintain good hygiene
- Bathe regularly.
- Have a signature scent, but don't let it be overpowering.
3. Dress for the occasion
- A gentleman will not wear his gym clothes while on a date, or during a meeting.
- Wear clothes that fit your body well.
- Remember, it is better to be a little overdressed than under dressed.
4. Drink Like a Gentleman
Have a signature drink (not a complicated one)
- A gentleman knows his lady’s favorite drink.
5. Be Respectful
- Open car or building doors.
- Pull out chairs.
- Give up Seat.
6. Have Manners
7. Have a firm handshake
- A cool hand, a firm grasp, a reasonably timed eye-lock and a few ups and downs of the other person's hand gives a better first impression.
8. Be dependable
If you're not early, you're late. Plan for traffic and make sure you have enough gas for a round trip drive.
9. Have a Hobby
- A gentleman has a hobby he’s passionate about.
- Teach yourself to cook at least a few good meals. Do not assume that is up to a woman to do all the cooking.
- You won't have to rely on someone.
- No more crappy cup of noodles or pizza delivery.
Join now and get our Initial Issue 1 kit, for $39.95 plus S/H, a $137 value!